Hello! It’s been a very sad week this week knowing that there won’t be another episode until November. *sob*
But cry no more, for I have a little post that can entertain you for a tiny bit of the long time we all have for the rest of our answers which will only be half fulfilled with more questions thrown on top. (oh the joy.)
This is something I thought about after watching The Name of the Doctor, I was thinking about Clara and River, I began to realize they have a lot in common, enough things in common that I wrote them down and decided to write them down again for all of you!
beware the feels though, I had a few when I was writing them down.
The similarities between The Impossible Girl and the Impossible Astronaut…
- They both have sacrificed themselves out of love for the sake of the Doctor, and almost dying in the process just to be saved by the Doctor in the very end, if anything just “for the hell of it”.
- Both show up in the Doctor’s life completely out of order, scattered, making them complete mysteries to him.
- They both love the Doctor, and the same love is returned (in the form of flailing first kisses).
- River and Clara save the Doctor countless times, over and over again.
- The flirting never stops.
- Neither does the extreme cleverness,
- or the witty humor and constant nicknaming.
- Neither of them really know who they are without the Doctor. They wouldn’t be the same without him.
- The only constants in both River’s and Clara’s lives (other than the Doctor) is their parents and the love they have for them.
I thought these were interesting things. I got stabbed in the feels though when I thought that the only stable things they’ve had is their parents, but even then, that was rough. The poor women. I love them both so much!
I hope you found these interesting, I know I did.